The story of
In the pursuit of excellence, Sintex has always relied on the support of its people–our greatest asset. Sintex has helped maximize the potential of every employee and pushed the bar of excellence. An international foothold that spans 9 countries across 4 continents around the World.
- Incorporated as The Bharat Vijay Mills Limited in June 1931
- Established composite textile mill in Kalol, Gujrat
- Commenced manufacturing of plastic moulded polyethylene liquid storage tanks including water tanks.
- Introduced new plastic products like doors, window frames and pallets
- Plastic Sections for Conversion into Partitions, False Ceilings, Wall panelling, Cabins, Cabinets, Furniture etc.
- Renamed to Sintex industries limited
- Commenced manufacturing of SMC moulded products, pultruded products, resin transfer moulded products and injection moulded products
- Modernization and expansion of the textile unit
- Commenced structured yarn dyed business
- Alliance with European design houses and a UK based textile marketing company
- Commenced production of pre-fabricated structures for classrooms, booths kiosks and office rooms
- Acquisition of 74% stake in Indian subsidiary of Zeppelin Mobile systems Ltd.,Germany
- Entered the housing sector with monolithic construction
- First international acquisition by acquiring 81% stake in Wasaukee Composites Inc., USA.
- Acquired 100% stake in Nief Plastic becomes Sintex NP , a European group with headquarters located in France.
- Acquired automotive business division of Bright Brothers Limited
- Wausaukee acquired 100% stake of its competitor, Nero Plastics Inc., USA
- Zeppelin acquired Digvijay Communications and Network Pvt. Ltd., Indore and became the total solution provider for telecom sector. Now the name changed to Zep Infratech Ltd.
- AIP => which is into machining solutions
SIMOP, SICMO => a toolmaker and high precision moulding (gears) company
Poschmann (Germany & Poland) => a thermoplastics producer
SIMONIN => to gain access to a new portfolio of technologies in metal working (stamping, bending, spring), Electronics, and Harnesses
- Nief Plastic of Sintex, receiving prestigious award from Safran Snecma a leading aerospace systems manufacturing company, for best quality, logistics and cost performance
- Sintex was honored for its achievements on Quality and Safety to the highest focus and award was handed over by the Chairman Power Grid Corporation Ltd to Mr. Rajan Gulabani, Resident Director, on February 25, 2011, on the occasion of 13th Annual International Business summit and research conference at Amity University Campus NOIDA.
- Thanks to a strong quality system , well known by our customers, SINTEX NP has been awarded many times : SAFRAN, SCHNEIDER ELECTRIC, FAURECIA, VALEO.